Give Your Business the Best Logo Type
There are three types of logo. The logo you choose for your business depends on the size of your business, the type of business, the uniqueness of your name and a variety of other factors.
Let us now look at these different types of logos and how you can choose the perfect type for your business.
A text logo also known logo type and or word mark is a logo largely made up of the text of the company’s name. You can include graphic elements in the logo like lines, boxes, borders that interact with the surroundings. However, make sure that the graphic elements are used only as accent to the text, not as a major or equally-weighted part of the logo.
A Text Logo is the right choice when:
1. Your business name has multi-words. If your business name is made up of many words, that are not commonly or easily abbreviated, or when an abbreviation may not be appropriate developing a text logo will keep the logo design as simple and clean as possible.
2. Your business is offering a large number of products or services or a combination of both, that may be difficult to wrap it up in a single symbol, use a text logo.
3. Trademark is an important issue for your business. As long as your business name is unique, your text logo will also be unique.
A Text Logo is not the right choice if:
1. Your business name is not unique and this may become difficult building your brand. Then, without symbol, the logo will be more difficult to remember or to associate with your business.
2. Your business name does not describe what your business does. Then it can be very hard to tell what products or services you offer if you use a text logo. Taglines and other graphic elements are needed to be added to tell your customers more about your business.
These logos are made up of only symbols, images and shapes. These logos are opposites of text logos and include neither words nor letters.
A Symbol Logo is the right choice when:
1. You have a recognized brand name. If you and your business are widely known, then use a symbol logo for an elegant solution.
2. You have a unique symbol in your industryyou wouldn’t want to be confused with or mistaken for anyone else in your industry!
3. If you have a trademark, then enforce the trademark. This is how you ensure that your logo continues to be uniquely yours.
A Symbol Logo is not the right choice if:
1. You are starting a new business and you don’t have the budget to educate your audience on your new symbol logo. Then go for text logo.
A combination of both text and symbol. The symbol and text can be integrated together side by side or one above the other.
1. These logos offer the best of both words and pictures. They offer a memorable logo graphic that tells the story of who you are, what you do and what makes you different for easy identification.
2. It’s a good choice for a small or medium-sized-company or for a start-up company. It helps in your business brand recognition; because a combination logo is both visually strong and explanatory.
3. These logos are easy to copyright, because the logo symbol will always be used in conjunction with the business name. This automatically makes the logo unique.
Based on the size and the nature of your business, guide you logo designer to design the perfect logo for your company. Choosing the right type of logo is the first step towards building company’s visibility credibility and memorability.