What is Typo3c
TYPO3 is a free development framework for Web sites, which was originally developed by Kasper. TYPO3 is based on the PHP scripting language. As a MySQL database, but can also be used as PostgreSQL or Oracle. The system is powered by two teams, one for each version 4 and one for version 5, developed.
Many functions can be integrated with the extensions of its own programming without writing code. Currently over 4000 extensions are for the most part from other providers, and are available for free. Available include news, shop systems or discussion forums. The system for different languages and is used by a user and developer community care in the world. TYPO3 belongs together with Drupal and Joomla! of the most popular content management systems in the field of free software.
It is estimated that more than 300,000 copies worldwide TYPO3 is used. TYPO3 puts high demands on the performance and configuration capability of the server used. The training period for a website developer is several weeks to months, for an author or editor, usually a few hours. A developer who wants to set up a TYPO3 India website has become intensely involved in the rule with the configuration language, TypoScript.
Unlike commercial software, there is no support for TYPO3 by the manufacturer or developer, but by the user community (issue tracker, forums, News-/Mailing system) and a large number of web agencies. Some companies in India also specialize in creating websites in TYPO3, or hosting services will offer pre-loaded with TYPO3.0
TYPO3 is installed on a Web server and accessed with a Web browser. Apart from a browser is required to use any additional software. The use of TYPO3 is divided into three major areas: the creation of website designs, the configuration of TYPO3 and TypoScript by entering the site where the content can be done via drag and drop.
TYPO3 contains a so-called back end, which serves to maintain the website and a front end that serves as the home itself.
In TYPO3 “backend” maintained the website. Where content is created and edited. A text editor in which content, such as in a word processor (can be formatted eg Word), it just allows users without HTML knowledge to do editorial work. Alternatively, the process can also be directly displayed on the website (be the “front end”). This option provides a faster entry into the system.
Design and programming with TYPO3 can be made through the following elements:
* Page tree: Changes in the structure and properties of the pages of a site
* TYPO3 constants: Universally valid parameters
* HTML template: HTML frame with known markers (for example, “# # # MARKER ###”) and subpart (eg “<!– # # # CONTENT # # # start -> … <! — – # # # CONTENT # # # –>”), the end of TYPO3 by various contents (site navigation, text, graphics, etc.) are replaced.
* TypoScript template (see “template” – “setup”): This describes the internal configuration language is how to output TYPO3 content.
* The output of pages without HTML templates – with pure TypoScript code – possible.
* Extensions: creation of additional modules
* PHP: The TYPO3 functions are written in PHP and can be realized by users who want additional special features, be amended or supplemented.
It should be emphasized that XCLASS functionality which allows developers to, each class has its own functions to override. There are, however, preferred hooks.